stinky peaches

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm enjoying this thread about peaches being I just got my primary going yesterday..
I have to go down and stir them this morning and see if I have a stink!!

I'm enjoying this thread about peaches being I just got my primary going yesterday..
I have to go down and stir them this morning and see if I have a stink!!

did they? i promise it'll go away, lol...just like everyone said. i've still got mine in glass...i don't think i'm going back to the plastic container, though...i love them for the primaries, but otherwise, maybe not...

Today they are fermenting really strong. I've got them in a fine mesh paint bag and the gas tends to make it float easily.
They do smell different from what they first started off like. Not really nice, but then not terribly nasty either.
What did you get for a starting SG?
I took mine and after sitting 24 hours, mashed the bag as good as possible to get the juice out of the fruit and check the SG. It was 1.02, I figure they had a pretty good amount of sugar on their own.

Yes but, how much sugar did you add to bring the starting gravity to what?
Not what it was after sitting 24 hrs before adding yeast.

What did you get for a starting SG?
I took mine and after sitting 24 hours, mashed the bag as good as possible to get the juice out of the fruit and check the SG. It was 1.02, I figure they had a pretty good amount of sugar on their own.

the recipe call for 10#, but it only took 7+ to get a 1.080.
glad you're are not overwhelming smell. the smell of ours about put this hobby on the shelf from hubby's perspective.
my secondary airlock has slowed some and i think there is slight clearing today, but it may be wishful thinking, lol
i put my peaches for my flavor pac in the freezer last night:db

update...the 2.5 gallon is clearing very nicely! the one gallon is not as clear. 2nd racking will be in a couple of weeks. can't wait!

Back