Stinking virus

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with most of everyones comments.......
Currently have running at home running system 7, 1 Laptop, 1 home built super game machine, running XP Pro, 1 laptop, 2 desktops, 2 Macs running system 10.5 plus boxes of assorted parts. Using at the moment mostly free virus protection....Avira, Microsoft Essentials, Spybot & Malwarebytes. Different ones for diffent situations. Also have a few special ones just in case I happen to pick something bad up. Only open mail from someone you know & then be careful! You didn't win anything, aren't getting anything for free either & there isn't a pretty foreign girl wanting to send you her nude picture. Make sure you do the weekly updates from Microsoft that normally come on Tuesdays. Your computer doesn't have a Virus just becasue some wise guy sends you an Email saying you do..... He is the Virus, don't fall for it... Basic rules to follow & you probably have lesser chance to pickup something bad! Been doing this for over 50 years till I retired several years ago........ Amazing how technology has changed in the last 1-3 years compaired to the previous past. Hope this helps......
Al

I tried Essentials and had Norton when the virus about 2 years ago now wiped out 3 computers. 1 (my desktop I was able to save but the other 2 had to go to the shop and be totally redone. The virus did something with the speed of the hardrive or settings (something like that and dsetroyed them/ Bios?). Im good friends with the guy so I know he wasnt Bing me, he actually replaced a blown laptop screen for me for free, parts and everything (not new but if he didnt tell me it was used youd never know.

Hey Arne what site was it. I'd like to check it out......for you of course!:db

I do not have a clue, Steve. Tried to get out of it immediatly but it was too late. Can't even go back for any history, the computer store wiped everything and started me anew. Arne.

Latest posts

Back