Stick a fork in Winter, its over in the SW

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a potato gun? Lol goose is very good eating. Dad was an avid and humane hunter in the day. Too bad spring is not goose season lol

Carolyn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMK_NGGNYnA

A potato gun is a riot. It is made from pvc and you use hair spray as a propellant. It is very powerful and will launch a potato hundreds of yards. Yes, you would not want to get hit by one. There are a lot of you tube video's of them and I posted on above. I had two of these. When shooting at night, the entire barrel glows and fire shoots out of the end of it.

Wow that's crazy! I a lol looked at a few other potato gun vids - crazy!

Carolyn

Dan beat me to it. We used to use a potato gun to scare the Canada geese off our farm when I was young.

They're still hanging around in droves here in southern Ohio. Every patch of unfrozen water attacks them. I need a bag of tators and a can of hairspray! :gb

I'm sure if I googled how to make one I'd find it?? We have lots of PVC pipe lying around. Sounds cheaper than buying a paintball gun which is something we were contemplating for keeping to odd fox and stray dogs away from the hen house. Hubby has real guns but killing everything in sight is not always the most humane option.

If you kill them something else moves in and takes it's place.

Carolyn

pvc pipe,hairspray, propane grill igniter...and about 30 minutes you are done.
with your many talents, you can be shooting a bag of taters in an hour.
lol..please make video..i have to see this.

LMAO!! is this a challenge?? I always find it hard to resist a challenge! :)

Carolyn

Uh... Talking to Dad today and he knew what a potato gun was! Said one of his military friends made one that could take oranges or grapefruits - crazy lol!

Carolyn

Lol, sounds like fun..

Seen the ones that shoot pumpkins?
Granted not Tom's kind of pumpkins, but.. Jack-O-Lanterns..

On the 'winter' topic - birds are chirping, smells like Spring on the wind, blueberries are budding out...

Spring's 'bout Sprung in Seattle

Lucky you guys re: spring! Nope had no idea to could make something that would shoot jackolanterns! Lol!

Carolyn

Came out of the 'Punkin Chunkin' contest.. They'd launch pumpkins using trebuchets... Then they upgraded to cannons

Here's one I found with a quick search.. I've seen much larger pumpkins crammed into barrels :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Zf5i56HmM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZeWvmQ23yM[/ame]

Last edited:
Why don't you guys down south let us know when our Canadian geese are on their way back up here! Then we'll know that spring is coming!

Carolyn

Carolyn, your Canadian geese are on there way! Had several small flocks stop off yesterday for some corn and I didn't give them any thought, but late this afternoon nothing but steady, large flocks heading north. It's almost dark here now and I can still hear them going over. How beautiful, they make you appreciate the little things in life. Come on spring! Let me know when they arrive so that I can start pruning.

IMG_1970.jpg

Thanks Bob!! Will do! It's always appreciated when we see them up here in late winter or early spring. A sad thing for me when I see them leaving for the south in the fall!

Carolyn

Spring has sprung here in southwest Florida! Citrus is in blossom, Queen Palms are all in blossom and so much pollen in the air you might want a respirator. I washed my truck the other day, it is white, woke up next morning it was yellow!

Yes spring is here in the Northeast also. We have had two days now at about 38 degrees. That's spring is done. The next week will be 20 or less for highs with lows almost 0 again. Lots of ice where it melted in the driveways, etc. Still 18-24 inches of snow.

Back