Steam Juicers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly*guy

Reaction score
Where can I get one of these that you all talk about?
How Much?

Maybe even a fruit press??
Is there such a thing as a good USED press?

Yep the Back to Basics
I like the very heavy bottom pot. its super thick and I use it on my propane burner.

Thanks All,

Tepe, (or Guadet)how much juice does that one yield per batch?

that depends on which fruit you use.
The other day I got 3 1/2 quarts for 9+# Blackberry. 1 gallon for 10# Strawberry.

I can do about 10#'s of fruit per batch. My juice yields are about 3-4 quarts per run. However that varies with what fruit you are using. I juiced 55#'s of blackberries this year and I got 6 gallons of pure juice.

We had picked them back in April and May...... Still got a few quart bags left in the freezer I'm sure...... Remember back when I posted about the steam juicer yields???

Ok, I ordered this Back to Basics steam juicer... I expect to create great things ahead!
smiley2.gif

You won't be disappointed............ Makes wine making a lot easier. I got mine last year and use it whenever I have fresh picked berries. I have juiced blackberries, blueberries, mulberries, muscadine grapes, & cranberries. It works most excellent....................

Hope they get it hear soon.... I live in one of the finest apple growing areas of the nation and I just picked up a bushel of gorgeous and very tasty Red delicious and another variety that I forgot the name of, ( either gettin older or to darn busy???), but non the less excellent tasting, and would love to try juicing them for wine. Maybe on my return from NY this weekend it will be here, can't wait to see the sites and visit the wineries of NY's seneca valley.
But weather is promising very cool and wet conditions for this weekend.
smiley11.gif

Appleman, help me out with the weather up there
smiley19.gif

Has anyone tried juicing veggies? My sister just gave me a big bag of jalapeno peppers and I would like to make a big batch of jalapeno wine. Have used my steamer on cherries and am making fpac out of strawberries tommorrow but would like to try it on peppers. I really love jalapeno and have several requests for more and steam juicing is so much easier.

smiley2.gif
My experience with jalapeno tells me that they are hotter than the steam!!!!!!!!!

When you "steam" juice you are extracting the moisture as well as the flavor. There is very little moisture in jalapeno. My suggestion is to add them to a straining bag. Then put them in the primary with pectic enzyme 24 hours before adding the yeast.

Agreed no point steam juicing them. I made a mead using jalapenos, only made 1/2 gallon because I was making several test batches. Used 6 small home grown ones and boy did they pack a punch. You could smell the jalapeno mead when you walked into the room and it was up front and in the back. Not burning hot but most certainly warm. Its still young, only a year old, I may give it another taste in a year or so. You may want to consider using apple cider instead of water.
vc

Latest posts

Back