Starting my wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idiggy

Junior Winemaker
Reaction score
Just started fermenting !!!
Looking for forward to some great wine .

Attachments

• 20210915_085422.jpg
    20210915_085422.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • 20210915_085427.jpg
    20210915_085427.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
I can see they are probably all still giving off some CO2, so this isn't something you have to worry about today or tomorrow, but soon all of those carboys will need to be topped up into or at least touching where the carboy size starts to neck down. I am guessing each one will need about a bottle's worth of wine added, perhaps a bit more. I am guessing you just racked into the carboys or did the first transfer as fermentation is completing.

Hello yes I just started fermenting. I like doing small batches of different juices . I use 21 L pails of juice .
I have , Chealian Merlot, Zinfandel, Pinot Noir, Chilean Shiraz , cab franc, Montepulciano, and Chardonnay white . All bubbling away right now .Thanks

@idiggy, you're off to a roaring start!

I see a possible problem -- since you purchased 21 liter pails, I'm guessing your carboys are 23 liters? This leaves a lot of head space after fermentation completes, so you will need to fill the space. After fermentation, air is your enemy.

If you have 5 gallon carboys (18.927 liters) you might just end up with enough wine to fill that size carboy. That would be the easiest solution.

Latest posts

Back