Starting a new business

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got this crazy idea last summer to open up a cidery, and it seems like the best place to find out information to go about doing it is to mimic wineries.

Does anyone have a story, suggestion, book recommendation, website link, etc about how to get something like this off the ground?

Thanks,
The Candle Wine Project

So I got this crazy idea last summer to open up a cidery, and it seems like the best place to find out information to go about doing it is to mimic wineries.

Does anyone have a story, suggestion, book recommendation, website link, etc about how to get something like this off the ground?

Thanks,
The Candle Wine Project

Start with your county extension and state dept of ag

There are a few members on here that are n the process of going commercial with their wineries right now so look back in a day or so or maybe tonight cause Im sure they could give you a few tips, it should be easier for you as you would not be serving or making alc unless your talking about hard cider!

i am a little ignorant on this,..is a cidery producing an alcohol version of cider?

i am assuming so....thus you go to ttb.gov *after you look into any and all local requirements...if you candle the local stuff then about 2-3 mos before you plan to open your cidery you do the app w the feds...upon their apporval you submit paperwork to state which will likely do an onsite inspec....in some locales you also will have a food authority overseeing some of your work

look at all these entities at the start and then you will follow a timetable that i outlined above

Latest posts

Back