RJ Spagnols Started new Black Forest Port !

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ricky. I added a bag of dextrose from a WE kit that did not turn out correctly. Not sure how big it is. I'm gonna order some more from George. I don't think it messes up anything, much. I figured all it can do is help. Mine is bulk ageing right now with brandy. Tastes awesome!! Good luck. I will do more.

Hello , Just checked my BF,and on day 4 it was 1.044 at 74 degrees...so I started step feeding my corn sugar(dextrose?) I am going to add 2 lb`s over a 3 day period added 300g and the ferment got violent for a minute and got quite...very little sizzle....the added sugar got it back up to 1.052,and I put the brew belt on to get it up a couple degrees ...I have fermax yeast nutrients didn`t add it tonight,i was going to wait til tomorrow`s feeding....is this normal behavior ?

Hello , Just checked my BF,and on day 4 it was 1.044 at 74 degrees...so I started step feeding my corn sugar(dextrose?) I am going to add 2 lb`s over a 3 day period added 300g and the ferment got violent for a minute and got quite...very little sizzle....the added sugar got it back up to 1.052,and I put the brew belt on to get it up a couple degrees ...I have fermax yeast nutrients didn`t add it tonight,i was going to wait til tomorrow`s feeding....is this normal behavior ?

If you added sugar directly to the wine, the sugar granules will allow for CO2 to escape the wine more rapidly than otherwise. It should resume normal bubbling behavior after a little while. Some people will dissolve the sugar in a minimum of water or wine to avoid the vigorous gas evolution (and to make sure it's dissolved).

If you added sugar directly to the wine, the sugar granules will allow for CO2 to escape the wine more rapidly than otherwise. It should resume normal bubbling behavior after a little while. Some people will dissolve the sugar in a minimum of water or wine to avoid the vigorous gas evolution (and to make sure it's dissolved).

Thanks for replying SC,i did dissolve it in a little warm water, I don`t think I dissolved it enough thu.. just checked it and I have a little action going on....

Next time mix it in hot water, about 100-110 degrees. Mix it well and stir it in good. Do that for 3 days.

Latest posts

Back