Stainless Steel Wine Barrels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winemaker_3352

Reaction score
Does anybody have one of these or opinions on these?

Looking to maybe get a 30 gallon to free up some carboys..

I have heard that Custom Metal Craft in Springfield, MO is a good source for SS Barrels..

Thoughts and opinions are welcome..

My wine making friend down the street uses them. Seem to work well. You get a quote on a 30G?

I use empty kegs. They are 15.5 gallons and only cost $30. But tell the beer distributer you want an empty one so he knows you wont be bringing it back.

My wine making friend down the street uses them. Seem to work well. You get a quote on a 30G?

Yeah I got one from Custom Metal Craft - $753. Getting some quotes from a few others..

I found one for $350 - trying to find out what grade and gauge SS it uses and the clamp fittings - it does come with the Tri-Clover fitting - it can be upgraded to the Tri-Sure though..

I am not referring to SS tanks - I am referring to SS barrels - there is a big difference...

The ones my friend down the street uses look like 55G SS drums. Not fancy at all but they seem to work well.

tingo said:
I use empty kegs. They are 15.5 gallons and only cost $30. But tell the beer distributer you want an empty one so he knows you wont be bringing it back.

Yes please do like tingo and make sure they know you want to own it. Please don't get a keg and forfeit the deposit and think that as buying it, it is theft and really hurts the brewer, most of which are on razor thin profits and can't afford to lose kegs like that. If you get one for $30 expect it to be pretty beat up as it is sold for scrap price as its no longer suitable for beer distribution.

Latest posts

Back