Stainless steel stuff!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlietuna

Reaction score
I have a uncle that worked for a school system that closed a few schools in the last few years. They have a warehouse full of stainless steel tables, & cookware from the school kitchens. He already has me 2 15 gallon stainless pots. Guess I can make a 12 gallon batch of skeeter pee & split it into 2 carboys!!

Also there are stainless steel tables & countertops with sinks made into them. I'm hopefully getting some good stuff!!

Brian

Dang, I would love to have some SS tables and counters along with a deep double or triple sink. Hopefully he'll be able to get the commercial faucet to go along with it.

I'll try to find out more details about how much they have & pricing. If your interested in driving to Ohio to pick em up, I'll see what I can do. This forum has been invaluable to me so if I can help some of you that have helped me in this hobby, I will surely try.

Brian

Brian thanks and I appreciate it. I really don't have the room for much more and the distance is quite far. I was just saying if you have the room take advantage of it. You could make yourself quite a wine cellar.

I've only made one batch of beer & it didn't turn out well. I used a coopers kit & it ended up sharp tasting even after a couple months in the bottle. The mix was expired & kinda died during fermentation. I've got two more kits with expired dates, I'm going to try, but not getting my hopes up. & i'm sure someone will ask, i did buy new yeast, the coopers can had an out dated expiration date.
Brian

I dont think the extracts make good kits, make a partial mash and I think youll find yourself liking the product much better. Most places like FVW and places lke that can desin a partial mash kit to come very close to most style beers except lagers as those are much more work and you need to ferment them in fridges nice and cool.

Thanks Wade. I was looking at a catalog from midwest the other day & thought I'd try to buy a kit from them. Are there kits they sell the extract types you mentioned? I just need to look into it a little more. Right now there are just so many kinds of wines I want to try, it's hard thinking too much about beer. lol..

Thanks,
Brian

Brian..I may be interested in some of those items.Let me know when you have a little more info. I'm about 50 minutes from you.
Jay

I sent a text this morning to get more info, but he hasn't replied yet. As soon as I know, I'll post.
Thanks. Brian

they brought my new pots. 1 is 15 gal with a spigot, the other is around 3-4 gallon. The tables are on hold for now. They are going to keep me updated.

brian

Latest posts

Back