SPRING FEVER

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I know everybody is getting sick of seeing snow, but believe me so am I. Another 12 inches before it changed back over to rain. It is such a heavy snow it was very hard to plow or shovel. I broke my new shovel and had to go to the backup. If it was a normal snow, it would have easily topped 24 inches. The pine trees lost many branches and I have a 40 foot tree on one of my rows of grapes. Here's a few pictures I took after it started raining for a few hours, so it had settled even more by then.

20070416_054449_100_2932_Small.JPG

20070416_054558_100_2933_Small.JPG

20070416_054659_100_2936_Small.JPG

If you are sick of the pictures, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif
smiley29.gif

OK Apple...... I'll come to your rescue............

Unfortunately I can't start on this project for 2 more weeks, so just bear with me and I'll make it stop and go away....

I certainly don't miss that stuff......... nor-easter of 1993 was the last of it for me, never again.

We are having very strong 30 to 40 mile an hour winds since yesturday evening and they are expected to last into tomorrow sometime. Suppose to be windy and cold tonight with windchills reaching the low 20's or into the teens. All my plants are going to be on their own tonight.Edited by: jobe05

Alright Jobe how are you going to make the snow stop? Are you planning a ski trip up to Whiteface or Stowe in a couple weeks? We have hope though, we are expecting 50's this weekend
smiley32.gif

Okay guys Im too slow with the camara, I had the bluebird a female
cardinal and 2 yellow finches I could have had in 1 shot this time and
ran to get the camara but when I came back they flew off!
smiley7.gif
I will get them eventually. Gotta keep my camara handy but then the boy gets at it!
smiley24.gif

This spring fever topic is one that is with all of us right now even you Northeners. For $7.23 I made this picture to hang in my office at work. I have alot of plants and pictures there. Just wish I could display a wine rack but I don't think that would go over too well, although, I do have a bottle of wine stashed in the vegetable crisper at work for the end of the day when we all have just "had it"....Good Medicine!!!!
20070417_171415_three_yellows_S.jpg

It is one of my jungle cactus that bloomed last week called "Fruehlingsgold"Edited by: rgecaprock

rgecaprock said:
This spring fever topic is one that is with all of us right now even your northerners. For $7.23 I made this picture to hang in my office at work. I have alot of plants and pictures there. Just wish I could display a wine rack but I don't think that would go over too well, although, I do have a bottle of wine stashed in the vegetable crisper at work for the end of the day when we all have just "had it"....Good Medicine!!!!
20070417_171415_three_yellows_S.jpg

It is one of my jungle cactus that bloomed last week called "Fruehlingsgold"

Very nice Ramona, I like it alot! OK..... $7.23???????? I'll Take 2 of them!
smiley36.gif
I like how you have them stacked like that, and the dark backgrounds. I can never think a head like that when I take pictures....... I always get a kid in the background picking his nose or something.

I also like te idea of keeping a couple of bottles of wine at work........... I'm gonna have to try that.

rgecaprock said:
Thanks Joan,

I see what you are talking about with the chain.. I love taking pictures and I burn up alot of battery taking lots then getting rid of just as many but that is the beauty of digital!! Your panorama is great!!!

Ramona

Ramona, You have a great camera! All the art, photography, and computer graphics kids at work use them and they produce some wonderful photos!

Go get yourself a rechargeable battery and a charger! It will be well worth the money!

Keep snapping!!! =)

Where's NorthernWino????? She was suppose to go see the doctor today to see if that little critter had Lyme desease or not. Anyone hear from her? Edited by: jobe05

I don't have any nose picking kids around so I just snap what ever appeals to me.

Hope NW will give us a report on her tick bite....

I'm kind of iffy about my camera....I trash alot and keep the rest...I have so much to learn..I think it is just me(the student)..the camera thing must be a left brain right brained thing. I don't get opposites like increase this and decrease that to get this.....lingo. Someday I'll figure out a formula for myself!!

RamonaEdited by: rgecaprock

I think it akes a few days to find out if the critter carried the
disease as most places have to send it out to another lab for testing.

Ramona, by the looks of your pictures, you have it!

My camera is horrible at taking close up shots, night shots or zoomed in shots. The camera would have to be very very still, otherwise the picture comes out very blurry........ But I'm not anything close to proffessional...... luckily.

Mine is 4 mega pixel and I can barely take a picture. So even if I have
my camara handy when those beautiful birds are out in my back yard like
theyve been you probably wont see them in the picture. Youll probably
just see my thumb!
smiley36.gif

I had a 3 megapixal Olypia that I really liked, easy to use, and great pictures. This is a Kodak, 5 megapixal and it sucks....... of course Im sure the Camera is great..... The user is a little disfunctional...........

Latest posts

Back