sparklloid in SP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neviawen

Reaction score
I have a few batches of SP that all got done fermenting dry around the same time this week. This morning I added the sorbate, kmeta, and sparklloid to all 3 batches that I have. I have (2) 6-gal carboys and (1) 1-gal carboy.
I mixed sparklloid up like it said- 1 tbsp per cup, let it boil for 5 mins, then added it to each batch. I added it to the 1 gallon batch first not realizing that 1 cup was way too much for 1 gallon. I then did the mixture for the other two batches that I have. The big, 6-gallon carboys don't look any more clear than they were before I added the mixture. However, the 1 gallon carboy looks almost clear already!? I'm guessing because I used a lot more sparklloid than needed for 1 gallon.
I am wondering if since I used more sparklloid than usual, if it will leave an off-taste in the SP? Has anyone else accidentally added WAY too much Sparklloid and it be ok?

I've never used too much of the stuff, but I am guessing it will just fall out as the wine clears. Don't believe you will get a taste from it. Arne.

The sediment looks more like jelly this morning at the bottom of the 1-gal carboy. I"m going to syphon it into another clean jug. I can't believe the wine is clear after only 1 day!

Back