sparkling skeeter pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawinemaker

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone ever try a sparkling skeeter pee? I may have to try it. If anyone has, could you please enlighten me on your process a bit?

Thanks,

Jim

Keg it. There is nothing more simpler than just kegging it. And the taste is awesome.

Info on kegging

I have a kegerator designed for a 15-3/4 gallon commercial beer keg. I am considering converting it to 5 gal Corney kegs for SP or sparkling wines.
Can anyone share their feeling on the advantages, how much trouble is it to put in kegs, cleaning kegs, replacing o-rings(how often) is it easy to carbonate wines, just general info? All I have ever used it for is std Sankey beer kegs and have not bought one in awhile, so I would like to put it back in use.

If a topic exist on this you could just point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Below - SP in the VA Mountains

skeeter Pee in the VA Mountains-1.jpg

Hi fleemartin,

I can't help you in the cleaning, my husband does that but I know there isn't a lot to it. As far as keggging your wine, piece of cake. rack to corny keg, chill 24 hours, add co2( psi 30), wait 24 hours, drink it.

Thanks for the reply, think I will go ahead with that plan - surely cleaning would be less than or equal to cleaning bottles and capping/corking.

Kegging is MUCH easier and less time consuming than bottling. Cleaning is a snap. There a a few good video's on YouTube about cleaning kegs.

I've had 2 batches start re-fermenting. At a certain point I put them in the fridge to stop the fermenting. They were both great. Didn't last long.

Back