Source for grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhw62

Rob
Reaction score
I am looking for a good source where I can buy grapes this fall (in the midwest), does anyone have any ideas?

In a bigger city you will find home wine making clubs. They are a good source as some of them order in truck loads of different grapes from places like California and Washington.

Some larger Local Home Brew Shops (LHBS) also will order large volumes of grapes in season.

If you have the bucks, you can also order in buckets of frozen grapes, which make some pretty nice wine. Brehm Frozen Grapes is one such.

Or move to the blessed coast where we have grapes growing. Ya, I know that5 was no real help but I am the local Smart @$$.
Most of the Mikes on here fit that bill. Were a club

You doubt you have a problem getting fresh grapes. I'll bet Chicago will have LHBS or clubs that order truck loads in September.

Yes ask around all the LHBS. But its to late now so you will have to wait till Sept. Thats when the CA and following Month Italian grapes well be available

Tom, I'm just west of Chicago

I'm south and west of chicago in joliet. Try Midland or Bev-arts you can also check in to Caputo's I've heard they get cali grapes in but haven't checked them out yet. I've also bought from Bakker produce in Ind. but will tell you they only get central valley grapes in and quality of grapes can be on the low side depending on the time of harvest. I hope that helps you a little bit.

Back