Soupy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's okay if you do it no longer than 2 months, and take 3 months off. Just don't overly do it. Your body needs carbohydrates for a reason, just like it needs some cholesterol, as well as protein.

Everything in moderation, is my motto.

If one watches what he/she eats all the time, there would be no problem to begin with. All diets work because one is very concious of what one eats, in contrast to what many do when they aren't on a diet.

I went on the ultimate diet 4 years ago, If we are going to talk about weight loss lets start a new thread.

What better place to talk about weight loss than on a food thread?

You start that new thread, Stinkie, and we will be there. I promise!

smiley36.gif

Why do you say to stay on a high protein, low carb diet no longer than 2 months? What can happen if I stay on it longer or from now on? I have lost about 12 pounds in a little over 3 weeks. I am now at 254 and need to be at 200. I am only 6'2.5" in my bare feet.

smiley1.gif

It's not healthy if you're looking at your insulin levels. It's an effective way to burn fat, but not for a long time. Your body needs carbohydrates for various processes, such as keeping your glucose levels to what they should be, just as your body needs cholesterol for steroid synthesis and other hormones. Also, carbohydrates are important in digestion, and if you eat a very high-protein diet, you could be at risk for getting gout.

Please check with your primary care physicians to double check what I am saying.I don't mean to depress anyone about this, but that's what I would recommend.

Thanks, but I also have to say yahoo!!!! to you for losing weight. If it stays off, even more wonderful. I am very proud of you.
smiley32.gif

You can do it!

Just everything in moderation.... Don't deny yourself anything -- makes you just
smiley30.gif
out on it even more when you get your craving.

Cravings...oh yes you are right Martina!
smiley32.gif
especially those late night snacks then crawling like a snake in bed.

Latest posts

Back