Soupy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
A little test of food knowledge:

Does anyone out there know what Soupy is? It is made by many people and mostly the Italians around my area. It goes great with bread and cheese and a nice Shiraz!
smiley20.gif

I am sure that is very good for people who love meat and have great arteries... Hehehe

my chlorestoral is so low my doctor told me to go have a big mac after he took it last time, this time it was up to 89

Last check, my cholesterol total was 400+ and triglyceride was 1000+.

Scott, we do not waste pork butt in soups. We make barbecue sammiches with it.

Nope. He told me to watch my diet. Yeah, I watch it alright. As it comes toward my mouth!

Sorry about starting a sentence with a preposition.

Your'e sorry you started a sentence with a preposition, I'm sorry I don't know what a preposition is, and I'm really sorry that it don't bother me!!...lol

smiley32.gif

Preposition or not - please everyone, have not only your cholesterol levels checked regularly, but everything else. Prevention is the key to a happy, healthy and long life. Sorry to preach, but it really is important.

Soupy isa dry-cured, dense and flavorful "all natural" sausage (or known around the world as soppresata).Soupy is an old world tradition that was brought here from Italy hundreds of years ago and was passed down from generation to generation. Like many other fine arts it is a dying tradition.Ground pork butt is mixed with salt, paprika, black and red pepper and thenstuffed it into natural casings and tying by hand with pure cotton twine then hung to air dry for 8-10 weeks. After is it cured most people store it in submerged in oil and it will last up to a year. Westerly RI is famous for it and you can buy it for 10-12 bucks a pound or make it yourself which is a lot of work and also need to find a place to dry it in the right conditions.

I assume the right conditions is at about 38*F in a large walk in type cooler. Not many folks have those in their homes. It does sound good though, almost like BBQ sausage.

Right. Be careful it don't sneak up on you. That meat will kill you, won't it? Especially pork. My God! Did you know a hog will eat anything? The old timers say if you wanna get rid of someone without leaving a trace, feed him to the hogs. I betcha the CSI folks can figure it out, though.

smiley36.gif

LOL I don't know, how many CSI's in Las Vegas would think to check the stomach contents of a hog? Here in the plains the investigatorsmight KILL the hog, but that would only be to add the hog to their stomach contents.

I recommend exercise to help control your cholesteral, keep your heart strong, fend off diabetes, prevent many cancers and maintain a long and happy lifestyle. Exercise is the fountain of youth. -- Oh yea, a glass of wine a day is consided beneficial too!! However, a sausage on a special occassion is also useful when enjoying the spice of life!

I guess I am doing OK on this diet. 7 pounds in 3 weeks. That is alot for me. I lost 45 pounds over a year ago and gained 55 back.

Must be the Atkins scam diet....sorry but I thought is was no good from the start and research has proved it to be true.

Latest posts

Back