sorbate??????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry

Reaction score
After six months of aging six gallons of BARBERA,[ made from fresh juice]I started the stabilizing process. The problem is I might have onlyadded half the the amount of sorbate. I'm not sure,you see a friend stopped by and I was distracted. I know some people never even use sorbate. Will one and a half tsp be enough.

If you are not going to sweeten this wine then you dont even need it but it does have anti microbial contributions to it so I use it all the time.

Hey where did you come from Wade...........

I got distracted by John Cena and took too long to hit the post button again. Wade beat me again...........................................................

I do plan to add a little simple sugar syrup. I think I should be ok. I did add the correct amount of k-meta.

Keep this in your carboy for awhile then just to make sure it doesnt start to ferment again and start blowing corks in your bottles. Hey Rich, was John Cena in your living room? hehehe

Latest posts

Back