SO2 calculator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoebiedoo

Reaction score
It's been awhile since a regular on this forum. many new computers later I'm trying to find an copy of some of the old calculators I used to use. I believe Fermcalc was the one I liked best as it easily measured SO2 addition, using either 10% solution or KMBS. The links appear to no longer valid. does anyone have a copy, or have some more current calculators that work?

Thanks

Thank you! I tried the links from several years ago and they didn't work. This is the one I've been looking for.

I just went to FermCalc JS

And selected the option "Sulfites" option.

First issue is, it ignores if the wine is red or white... Yes that matters actually if you are adding the initial Kmeta at crush. As how much Kmeta you need to add then differs if you have a white or red wine.

And the script on the page is full of error messages if you use Firefox because the W3C states the default "step scale factor" of a number input field is 1 if not changed in the step base (i.e. it is an integer), a rule Firefox follows, even if other browsers do not. So, as when entering a pH of 3.5, there is a message "Please select a valid value. The two nearest valid values are 3 and 4". And not correcting this means the scripts do not work correctly that use that field.

And thus, the page appears to not be providing correct results for your actual needed input values in all browsers equally. And this page appears to be currently cross browser incompatible. That is a real problem that people need to be aware of. Cross browser testing for compatibility is still web design 101, because, no, all things are not the same across all browsers even today. If an site author does not test for a browser, the site should explicitly state their site is only designed for the browsers they test.

Last edited:
Back