Smoked Brisket Rub

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_M

All things wine!
Reaction score
Anyone have a favorite rub they use?
Also trying to find that N.C sauce too.

Thanks,
Steve

I make and use Adam Perry Langs dry rub, this is just a cut and paste from the web.
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sweet paprika
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup dry mustard
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

I mix in good size portions and always keep on hand, works for anything.
Mike

Here is what I always do: I google and read about a half-dozen rub recipes. They are all similar to what Mike posted. Then I go to my cupboard and pull out all the spices that I just read, and throw a bunch together as the spirit moves me.

On the negative side, no two of my dry rubs are ever quite the same.

On the positive side, no two of my dry rubs are ever quite the same. :)

I make and use Adam Perry Langs dry rub, this is just a cut and paste from the web.
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sweet paprika
1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup chili powder
1/4 cup dry mustard
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

I mix in good size portions and always keep on hand, works for anything.
Mike

I am going to use this one! Man, I really like the taste of old bay. Like frank's red hot, I put that S##T on everything!

I am with John on the Old Bay never would have thought to add that to a rub! Now that is going to be on the next brisket, here is one for you make homemade potato chips and sprinkle with the Old Bay.

Anyone have a favorite rub they use?
Also trying to find that N.C sauce too.

Thanks,
Steve

Kraffty's recipe looks good but I have always used the same amount of salt as brown sugar, other ingredients look good. So for me I'd do do 1/2 cup salt also.

Why on earth do you want a recipe for N.C sauce when there are so many GOOD regional sauces? Of course here in Texas our barbeque is so tender and juicy we never need sauce anyhow. :HB

Latest posts

Back