Pneumatic Corker Using Portuguese Corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneill

Reaction score
Has anyone tried converting their Portuguese Corker to a Pneumatic operation? I have seen several videos of this, including one by Steve at All in One, looks pretty slick but nowhere do I see anyone post pneumatic cylinder size, etc. Would love to try building it.

* diameter gives pounds force, have you figured out how many foot pounds you want. A starting guess is 100 pounds. Granger is my go to on machine tools/ builder parts and they have lots of US locations, ,, i can walk to the local one.
* air system/ air regulator to control rate of stroke.
* stroke basically corking tools push about 3 inches
* safety you need something to prevent pushing a piston through your fingers, the easy stuff is electrical but then how do you tie this to pneumatic? Possibly actually run with solenoids,,,
My playing has been with a reverse acting motor and keeping everything electrical

A guess is that most folks stop at the safeties, otherwise we would see a lot more.
@salcoco has wanted a pneumatic corker, ask if he found someone to build one. There are a few pictures here on WMT

I decided to approach the corking in another way. I bought screw top bottles using the Stirling finish. found the screw tops on net. as you can see from the video Steve modified his corker to pneumatic. suggest contacting him for any advice.

Latest posts

Back