sloe gin problem

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branwen185

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
this is my first post so i hope that this thread is in the correct section. I have made and bottled about a gallon of sloe gin (sept 2010 ) into mini wine bottles but the contents of each and every bottle has a slight greasy film on the top 1 mm at the neck ! the gin itself is fine even though i say it myself but the scum looks awful and i cannot give the bottles to friends .
is there a way of refiltering all the bottles through a sieve of some sort that will help to clear the small ammount of grease from the neck?
if so what do you reccommend? cheers in advance branwen185

If your talking about distilling it is not allowed here. If your taking about infusing a gin then thats ok. Absolutely no distilling discussion here!

there are many filters available to filter wine. how many ml of the film is in each of the bottles I would skim off as much as I could and run the rest through a filter coffee or a wine filter prob one available in the wine makers toy store.

Seeing as he is in Wales Im guessing the shipping might be a little steep!!! Hehehe. Just kidding I know what you meant.

Latest posts

Back