Skeeter Pee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my first batch done last night and pitched some ICV-D-47 slurry. Looking forward to this!

My 1st skeeter pee bottled this week going to try some today tasted great when i bottled it i used a yeast slurry from a elderberry wine. Im thinking slicing lemons and limes adding to wine. Getting fancy put sugar around edge of glasses. Made my label just paper but fun to make.

1464610789369.jpg

First batch

We just back sweetened first batch of the Pee yesterday. I didn't have any slurry saved so i just used a yeast starter and put in an extra 15 oz. of Real Lime juice. After I started the Pee I also started a Triple Berry DB so now I have the slurry from that in a jar stored in the frig. for our next batch of SP. I know Lon said it can be consumed right away but was wondering if it gets any better by aging a couple of months as the Dragon Blood does.

Will

Will, I think it's gets a little better with age. I have a batch almost done for a farm wedding in Nov, should be perfect by then. I also have had 3.5 yr old S P & to my amazement it was great. No extra anything, just original recipe. Roy

Skeeter pee fans i started a three gal wine. With kv1116 yeast want to start skeeter pee 5 gal.will the yeast slurry be able to do 5 gal I have only been using the recipe from this site but have been down size it to one gal at which is kinda pain figuring out the math everyone loves it seems to dissappear quick with only a gal.

Skeeter pee fans i started a three gal wine. With kv1116 yeast want to start skeeter pee 5 gal.will the yeast slurry be able to do 5 gal I have only been using the recipe from this site but have been down size it to one gal at which is kinda pain figuring out the math everyone loves it seems to dissappear quick with only a gal.

If I have this right you are going to do a 5 gal. batch using a yeast slurry with kv1116. I have not used this yeast but I would say any wine yeast packet will do a 1 gal. -6 gal. batch.

Will

Willie yes i want to do 5 gal batch. My thought was will it work after i just made 3 gal of wine with the yeast now i am using the slurry will it be able to ferment that much that would be 3 plus the 5 gal which is more than what the packet says it can do up to 6 gal. I dont want the yeast to die on me. I haven't made 5 gal at a time for skeeter pee.

I don't use the bottled tannin I brew up some tea and use a cup of it. Brew tea then drink make a,second cup with same tea bag that will have less or no caffeine and mostly tannins. I made one with sun tea instead of water was very good.

Must is all ready airing out for 24-48 hours. Got my starter going. Should I add a cup or so of the must to my starter to get it "acclimated" halfway through before pitching? Or just wait then pitch the starter. Had no slurry to use.

Back