Skeeter Pee Bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xandra

Reaction score
Yay!! Followed the recipe, and it's DYNAMITE GOOD!!!! Very proud of all I've accomplished this past year with learning how to create. Far from an expert, but I'll continue learning from all of you great people and continue experimenting! Thanks for contributing to my successes :)

Skeeter Pee 2.jpg

My Wines 5-22-14.jpg

Congratulations! very nice looking wine & label. Where can I get labels like that?

Thank you for the kind compliments :) I imagined the art up on my computer, and ordered up some cheap eBay label paper, and printed them on my home printer, LOL!

Congrats! Awesome! As far as the labels... If you told me you were a graphics artist I'd have no reason not to believe you.

Time to make some Dragon Blood? ;)

smilie.gif
Dave, you're so transparent. You just want to see what label he creates for his DB.
smilie.gif

smilie.gif
Dave, you're so transparent. You just want to see what label he creates for his DB.
smilie.gif

LOL! "He" is a "She," silly ;) Might get the Dragon's Blood started first part of July when I've got time enough off the road to start it and get it into secondary. As to the label... I'll need to adjust the ABV and vintage year, but... this is the one I'd done up for it.

Dragon's Blood Label.jpg

Xandra said:
LOL! "He" is a "She," silly ;) Might get the Dragon's Blood started first part of July when I've got time enough off the road to start it and get it into secondary. As to the label... I'll need to adjust the ABV and vintage year, but... this is the one I'd done up for it.

Sorry about that gender slip... :slp

I like how you've carried the same graphic theme with all the labels you've shown in this thread.

Last edited:
How did it turn out? Sampled my skeeter pee today and it needs to sit a while as it still has a strong alcohol flavor.

Making wine in South Texas since March 2014

Cibolo Creek Cellars

Follow us on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/sekulafamilyfarms

www.sekulafamilyfarms.com

This batch isn't at all hot. But I let it sit in the carboy after it'd cleared, for quite awhile 'cuz I didn't have time to bottle it. Maybe that's what made the difference. What's your ABV?

Time to make some Dragon Blood? ;)

Yes, I want to, very much. But I've only got 5 gallon carboys and primary buckets, and your recipe is for 6 gallons. Not sure how to tweak your recipe to 5 gallons, and not sure if doing my 5 gallon carboy and a 1 gallon jug, using two 5-gallon primaries for the must, will work. What say you, Sir? Not only that, but I can't find small enough bungs for the 1 gallon jugs in order to use an airlock, so have only been able to use balloons. A bit ghetto but it worked, but... not quite what I'd like to be doing now that I've learned more things.

What say you, Sir?

Well, I like to tell people what I would do and let them decide what's right for them.

So, I'd make a five gallon batch using the six gallon recipe. Just leave out one gallon of water. There's only a 16.6% difference in the ingredients between parsing out a five gallon batch and making it with the same ingredients as a six, and you can still control the OG by adding less sugar to the primary if desired.

You'd end up with a slightly higher ABV, more fruit flavor, more body, deeper color, etc.

It would be good, I'm sure.

Thank you, Roy, that's a fine compliment :)

Dave, then that's what I'll do. I like your idea :)

Latest posts

Back