Simply Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooknhogz

Reaction score
Stopped at the store for some Simply Apple juice that I use for BBQ and seen Simply Peach juice. First thought was that sounds like a good wine. Ingredients, Filtered water, peach juice, cane sugar, lemon juice, peach puree, and natural flavors and has been pasteurized. So I bought a gallon to experiment. Anyone have any advice or have made wine with any of the Simply juices before? Besides nutrient, energizer, and yeast is there any other additives I should use? Thanks is advance for any and all help.

You will probably want to add some sugar to get the ABV to where you want it. I would measure the specific gravity (SG) now, and then decide how much alcohol you want in a peach wine. I would probably go on the low end myself, like 11% or so. Then figure out how much sugar you need to add to get that amount. (FermCalc is useful: http://www.fermcalc.com/fermcalc_applet.html .)

Being only 17% juice with pulp according to the bottle, do you see the need for a Pectic enzyme?

how peachy does the juice taste? if needed I wold suggest adding some canned peaches to the juice to ferment or even post fermentation to give more flavor.

Adding Pectic Enzyme when not needed = No issue.
NOT Adding Pectic Enzyme when needed = A royal pain in clearing your wine.

Been there done that DON'T want the T-Shirt.

If you can post a picture of the bottle I'm pretty sure I used that to back sweeten my peach which I had also made a little bit hot as far as alcohol content

Back