Shrink Capsul tool

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i made one from a length of banding strap and it worked ok. but i don't even use it anymore.
i just slide the cap in place and put it over a low to medium flame on my gas stove. sometimes i will hold it in place with a finger for a moment or two until the rising heat begins to shrink the cap, then my finger is no longer needed.
that may sound like i'm burning my finger, but i don't.

They work very well. All they do is hold the wrapper in place so you can turn the bottle upside down.

Best tool I've ever used for shrinking capsules is a pan of boiling water. Just dip the top of the bottle in for about 2 seconds and you're done.

tools of the trade

GREAT LITTLE TOOL EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE AND YES THEY DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO ,,I HAVE ONE AND A BACK UP.:b

Best tool I've ever used for shrinking capsules is a pan of boiling water. Just dip the top of the bottle in for about 2 seconds and you're done.

That works very well except in high altitude places, where water boils at a much lower temperature. Here in Colorado Springs we have to use a heat gun (not a hair dryer), else the wraps will end up all wrinkled.

I use a heat gun, point it at the top and when it shrinks, start down the sides. Takes about 30 seconds.

Good tool - i used if for a while until i upgraded to the thermocapsular..

Hey, Jon. I use a heat gun, but I'll trade you a double-lever corker for your decap tool :)

It has only been used on 5 bottles!

Hey, Jon. I use a heat gun, but I'll trade you a double-lever corker for your decap tool :)

It has only been used on 5 bottles!

Nah - I love my thermocapsular!!!

I can capsule a case in about a minute...

I don't want your thermocapsular - I want your capsule-holder/bag decapper tool.

That's just plain wrong!

Hey, I got my last kit today and it says "New and Improved" on it without any mention of what changed. You got any idea how WE has improved kits lately?

I have no idea about kits, but "New and Improved" in most things means "cheaper to make and lower quality"

But I'm a cynical wonk on my best days :)

Back