Cellar Craft Showcase Labels question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJB

Reaction score
Happy Monday to all :{

This weekend i bottled both my Showcase Chardonnay and Rosso Forti kits. I normally use the CellarCraft-supplied labels, i think they look good.
But when time came to label the Rosso, *bingo*, no labels. I can not guarantee that I did not misplace them, but i doubt it.
Anyone else had this experience? ie, a Showcase kit without labels?

Attached an image of 4 Showcase wines, guess which is the Rosso Forti?

(this is not a show stopper, I have label-making software and can make my own labels)

thanks for any comments,
Bob in Maple Valley, WA

IMG_3134.jpg

I seem to recall recently George over at Fine Vine Wines saying that Cellar Craft were cutting out the labels as a cost savings measure. I'll look for the quote.

Just found a post from MN-winer indicating that his SF kit had no labels either - "CC Showcase Labels" thread, response #3, 03-17-2011.

Maybe it's a hit and miss thing. I would call Cellar Craft, but past experience suggests that this is probably a waste of time.

Bob

I made my own labels for this kit, let me look at the house and see if I have a set and I will mail them to you if you still want them.

Great, thanks Mike. I can make my own but i have no spare 4th and Vine stock, so it will take me a while to get my own labels rolling.

bob

Pretty darn sure I have a set like I said. I will PM you for your address once I check later today.

I see your in Maple Valley, my wife's brother lives just down the road in Ravensdale.

Small world!

If you still desire the labels, please contact the retailer where you bought the Rosso Fortissimo wine kit. They will be able to secure the missing labels for you from the manufacturer.

On another note, we are hearing that a new label format for the Showcase wine kits are coming down the pike soon. The new labels are being rolled out as new batches are prepared, so it will take a bit of time to trickle down to the retailer level. Be patient... you will like it!

My Rosso did not have labels, neither did my Chateau Du Pays. I just got a Red Mountain cab and that kit did have labels. Maybe some have them and some don't.

My Rosso Fortissimo which was purchased last Summer is now bottled and aging happily in the cellar. It came with labels that I did not use.

Bob, I dropped the labels in the mail on Monday so you should see them by the end of the week I suspect.

Looks like now its kinda hit or miss. I have a boatload of the labels so if your kit didn't come with them and you like them and need some, just PM me. I will hold on to them for awhile.

Mike, that's very generous of you to do that for the members, thanks. I've always thrown mine out that came with Limited Edition kits just for the same reason, I make my own.

Got the labels!

Many thanks Mike, I put em to good use. You are a gentleman and a scholar and connoisseur of all things righteous.

(Is it just me, or did Cellar Craft print a few labels upside down ...)
best regards and many thanks

Bob, Maple Valley WA

IMG_3138.jpg

I made my own labels for this kit, let me look at the house and see if I have a set and I will mail them to you if you still want them. we are hearing that a new label format for the Showcase wine kits are coming down the pike soon. The new labels are being rolled out as new batches are prepared, so it will take a bit of time to trickle down to the retailer level.

Latest posts

Back