Pet peeve -> LABELS!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Norges Skaal!
Reaction score
Some kits have labels supplied with them that come off easily, while others can be the SINGLE WORST NIGHTMARE in winemaking!!

I can't understand why a kit maker would supply labels that literally won't come off the bottle without soaking and/or scraping and then lots of glue remover. The last experience we have with their product is a royal pain in the butt.

In fact, I'd rather find out that I didn't get any labels. The RJS (formerly Winery Series) kits make some great wines with some evil labels. Mosti Mondiale Masters Edition kits come with some of the worst labels I've dealt with.

And on top of that, it's not consistent. Some of the kits from a manufacturer are plastic (or mylar backed) with glue that comes cleanly off, while some other kits from the same manufacturer are paper and the adhesive is intended to be permanent.

Ok ok, RANT OFF!

AND I DON'T LIKE PAYING FOR LABELS THAT I NEVER USE! Now that's a rant.
smilie.gif

iu

Last edited:
I haven't dealt with the Mosti labels, but the ones from Kenridge/CC, WE and RJS all come off easily after 30-60 seconds with hot water in the bottle. So after a good rinse, they come right off.

Back