Cellar Craft Showcase Collection - Washington State Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am gonna be the bad guy here.... But, I find the CC Showcase to be better than any WE kit I've made and much better than any juice bucket. In other words, can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I am gonna be the bad guy here.... But, I find the CC Showcase to be better than any WE kit I've made and much better than any juice bucket. In other words, can't go wrong.

Have you tried this particular Merlot lately?
Thanks.

Frankly, I have never had a Showcase kit that I wouldn't make again. They are incredible. I have not made the Merlot but I have made the Cab/Merlot (in large part due to Mike's recommendation). It is still too early to judge the Cab/Merlot but I have every reason to believe it will be outstanding. Close your eyes, point and buy any Showcase kit on the list. You will be happy.

No I am all fresh grapes now for the last 4 years for my reds. I made the Merlot once and the Caberlot twice. Won a Gold medal last Spring with the Caberlot.

It wasn't a bad kit for me it was just not anywhere near the same level as either of the two batches of Caberlot.

Have you tried this particular Merlot lately?
Thanks.

Deal of the week at Morewine.

That's a hell of a deal, I'd jump on it. I thought I got a decent deal when I picked one up for $139 a couple months ago.

Just finished bottling kit today for a friend and enjoying the leftover with some pasta for lunch. Give a big thumb up at 3 months old. Added Tannin FT Rouge at fermentation and used BM4x4 yeast.

Tempted to get one for myself even though I have a WE stag leap merlot yet to do and have 5 bottles from this batch to call my own.

I have and I would skip it an make the CC Showcase Cabernet/Merlot.

I know Mike doesn't need me to vouch for him, but I have made about 350 gallons of wine now and the Showcase Cab Merlot is truly outstanding. One of the top three kits out there for me.

Back