Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like Zip before we had to turn her into an outside dog. She is just too hyper to be cooped up inside.

Actually she is not hyper, she is just very curious.

Nice looking dog, does he have some brown running thru him? He looks all black but possibly a gold sheen running thru him, I would think that is the golden retriever in him. He has to be pretty smart with that heritage.

Yep. He does have a golden undercoat. He's very smart. We have named his toys and he will pick them up by name. Our winery is on the same property (3 1/2 acres) and we can keep him on it 99% time (he does try to go visit with people/dogs next door. The only problem with him, is he doesn't like certain people and his hair raises. We have to keep him inside or in the fenced in area because people get scared. He's always on alert, so it's good for protection/watching. He doesn't show signs of aggression, but I don't want to find out the hard way. He's super sweet and thinks because of my sisters small dog, he can be a lap dog too. lol. Over 80 lbs and lap dogs don't mix. He was the runt of his litter. For a bit there, he did pick up digging from the neighbors dog. Sometimes smart isn't always good. Oh and my sisters dog (we dog watch at times) also taught him to pee on plants! I tried to explain to him that watering and what he is doing are not the same.....lol

Julie>I thought about getting a boxer, but Brutus was free. The product of an escaped breeding rot and a farm dog lab/retriever mix. I think lab/retriever mixes are probably one of the best combo's with boxer/rot/german shepard/pit to help them be more trainable and yet a little less aggressive.

Last edited:
Yep. He does have a golden undercoat. He's very smart. We have named his toys and he will pick them up by name. Our winery is on the same property (3 1/2 acres) and we can keep him on it 99% time (he does try to go visit with people/dogs next door. The only problem with him, is he doesn't like certain people and his hair raises. We have to keep him inside or in the fenced in area because people get scared. He's always on alert, so it's good for protection/watching. He doesn't show signs of aggression, but I don't want to find out the hard way. He's super sweet and thinks because of my sisters small dog, he can be a lap dog too. lol. Over 80 lbs and lap dogs don't mix. He was the runt of his litter. For a bit there, he did pick up digging from the neighbors dog. Sometimes smart isn't always good. Oh and my sisters dog (we dog watch at times) also taught him to pee on plants! I tried to explain to him that watering and what he is doing are not the same.....lol

Julie>I thought about getting a boxer, but Brutus was free. The product of an escaped breeding rot and a farm dog lab/retriever mix. I think lab/retriever mixes are probably one of the best combo's with boxer/rot/german shepard/pit to help them be more trainable and yet a little less aggressive.

I always try to encourage people who have children or will have a lot of people around to get a boxer but I'm glad you took Brutus, all to often those freebies don't get a life to live. And I hate to tell you this but I can see him being a lapdog :). It is a shame that there are some states who have outlawed pitbulls, so if any dog has any of that blood in them, they are not allowed in the state. AND a little bit of boer in a dog is nothing but good :i

Since everybody is showing pets, here are mine. The kitty Bailey Rose, the black sheltie, Shelby Lynn and the little sheltie, Murphey O'Malley. They are my Babies, other than my Grand babies. Oh and my daughters.

image-804481768.jpg

image-2231815546.jpg

image-2806953670.jpg

Andy, what a sweatheart, what bread is he?

Shelly, beautiful shelties. One of the secretaries in my office haS a sheltie, actually last year she had to put her 14 year old down and was sworn off of dogs, I talked her into getting another one. LOL, every morning she comes into my office and asks what Has Jesse doNE and then proceeds to tell me about her Katie. Shelties are a very intelligent dogs and seem to know what they need to do to satisfy the needs of their owners.

Thanks for posting, I really enjoy seeing the members pets.

image-4257026226.jpg

image-2603922244.jpg

image-4051353936.jpg

image-373779185.jpg

Emorie, so ugly she's cute. Half blue Heeler, half schnauzer.

We're working on teaching her not to eat everything in the house. (Not chew, eat.) She will literally eat anything.

Comes in handy when my house gets invaded by an evil spider or cockroach while I'm at work because the wife can sic' the dog on it and down the gullet it goes.

Not so handy when she barfs a partially digested sock monkey into my hand while I'm trying to give her a treat. (Guess she had to make room....) Or when the cable guy shows up at the house. (I tried explaining to her that he was much too large to digest but she wasn't buying it.)

Last edited:
dessertmaker said:
Emorie, so ugly she's cute. Half blue Heeler, half schnauzer.

We're working on teaching her not to eat everything in the house. (Not chew, eat.) She will literally eat anything.

Comes in handy when my house gets invaded by an evil spider or cockroach while I'm at work because the wife can sic' the dog on it and down the gullet it goes.

Not so handy when she barfs a partially digested sock monkey into my hand while I'm trying to give her a treat. (Guess she had to make room....) Or when the cable guy shows up at the house. (I tried explaining to her that he was much too large to digest but she wasn't buying it.)

That's hilarious!!!! I have a full blooded blue heeler. I hope you don't have any cats around.

Our 2.5# Yorkie died a year ago and I was putting off the addition to our family as long as I could. I just bought my wife a little pup for our 12 anniversary. She is a 13 week old Mini Schnauzer and her name is Bella.

Sorry, the pics were taken with my cell and I didn't have it focused very well.

Bella.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so here goes. I have a small vineyard in Gig Harbor WA. I make a little wine all the pets have there own label. The pointer is Madison and her wine is blackberry. Pepper is the little one hers is a second. Lexi is my cab/merlot and Paulie passed away but his Pinot Noir has won a couple awards. Sorry no pics of the cats on my phone.

image-3632677575.jpg

image-4036607382.jpg

Last edited:
SpoiledRotten it is difficult when a pet dies, glad to here you bought another one, Bella looks like a real sweetie and I love the name.

ninjamonkey,

male/female? very pretty and love the fact that he/she was a rescue. I have a friend who just rescued a lab/pitt bull and this baby just adores him. i think rescue babies are so appreciative.

Julie said:
ninjamonkey,

male/female? very pretty and love the fact that he/she was a rescue. I have a friend who just rescued a lab/pitt bull and this baby just adores him. i think rescue babies are so appreciative.

Shes female 1 1/2 yrs. She went from being outside 20 hrs a day to inside 20 hrs a day so she is very loving and appreciative

Like Randy, I have a Schnauzer named Bella. Only, she's a Giant Schnauzer rather than a Mini. She's 10 months old now.

Bella 8-7-12_01.JPG

Bella 10_07_12_01.JPG

Back