Quantcast

Should I treat this like a fruit cap

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I realize this picture is a bad representation of what I am looking at. But this is only hours after pitching the starter. Should I treat this foam, cap, whatever the same as a cap produced with fruit particles.?

This is mosquito pee, recipe follows. This is about a quarter inch cap. Should I push this down during the primary ferment? I don't want it to get "funky".

Less than 4 hours of pitching the starter this sheet is going crazy. Guess I wont have any problem here. USE A STARTER.

43 oz Lemon juice
2 1/2 gallons water
8# sugar, dissolved of course
1 TBLS Pectin Enzyme
1 12 oz can(undiluted DOLE Orange Peach Mango

Stirred the snot out of it.

Allowed to sit 12 hours.

Added 3/4 of 1/4 tsp K meta
3/4 tsp yeast energizer
1/4 tsp Tannin

Allowed to sit 12 hours

When I mixed the initial must, I took one can of frozen orange juice and added three cans water, from this I took 8 oz of mixed juice and 2 tbls of sugar(didn't have nutrient..yet) and heated it to 100 degreesF and pitched one sachet of Cuvee.

I stirred the renmaining OJ into the pee.

After 15 minutes I poured the OJ starter into a 2 liter soda bottle and added 1 cup of the pee.

I continued to build the starter for about 24 hours.

I added 1/2 tsp of Wyeast Nutrient, stirred it like crazy and added the starter.

Less than 4 hours later it is fermenting like mad

Should I stir in this cap created by the must? Or just leave it alone for now? The original Pee recipe asks you to stir the must, actually whip it, a couple times during the initial primary to introduce oxegen.

Man.. this stuff is going realy good. Anyone who doesn't make a starter is just silly, this isn,t a great picture, but heres the proof.

Sorry this isn't a great picture but I know you can see what I am looking at.

PEE ON!

Troy

airlock 004.jpg

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Starting SG 1.105 at 75F. I know it's high, but thats what I was aiming for on this. Wow, talk about a crazy ferment!!! I only added the juice to the primary because it was hiding in the freezer, the rest of the OJ from the strter mix was added only because I hate OJ. But I have a monster here. I am worried about this cap, please advise.
troy

Mud

Unfunny
Reaction score
Stir it in. What have you got to lose?

Tom

Reaction score
I concur. Make sure what you are using is sanitized.

djrockinsteve

Reaction score
What's this stuff taste like when finished, You got me curious.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
lemon wine has a similar cap.. just stir it daily as per usual for a primary ferment Troy.

Allie

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah i am going to go ahead and stir it in. Probably created from the pulp in the juice I added. Allie this is going like mad, proves the benefits of using a starter. I can here it fizzing across the room!! Yeah!!

Latest posts