Seedless strawberry must

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rappatuz

Reaction score
Last year I started a wild strawberry wine which I'll be bottling within the next couple of months. Although aging has improved it quite a bit, it's still more bitter than I'd like it to be. The offender I hear are the seeds. I'll make the same wine this year but want the must to be close to seedless - if there's a good way. Any idea how I can separate seeds and fruit without losing too much of the good stuff?

separation would be a problem. the seed affect normally would be tannin which can give the wine a bitter tone. I would ferment as usual then clear with gelatin it will remove the tannin, the gelatin I use is available in the grocery store just follow packet instructions, I believe some wine supply houses on the internet also sell it.

Th
separation would be a problem. the seed affect normally would be tannin which can give the wine a bitter tone. I would ferment as usual then clear with gelatin it will remove the tannin, the gelatin I use is available in the grocery store just follow packet instructions, I believe some wine supply houses on the internet also sell it.

I actually have gelatin plates. They need to be dissolved in hot water if I'm not mistaken. After that you'll just pour in the gelatin into the wine and mix? I guess the gelatin will settle on the bottom and racking will be necessary?

Have you tried this method on a bitter wine? If so, what was the result?

I had at one time a very bitter Cab Fran wine. did bench trials with PVCPP, egg white and gelatin. gelatin was the best. had 50 gallons of wine used the gelatin it turned out one of the best wines I ever made

I had at one time a very bitter Cab Fran wine. did bench trials with PVCPP, egg white and gelatin. gelatin was the best. had 50 gallons of wine used the gelatin it turned out one of the best wines I ever made

That's awesome! And it's taste free?

Any idea how I can separate seeds and fruit without losing too much of the good stuff?
For the last few years I've been buying frozen pails of seedless strawberry puree from a frozen fruit and concentrate wholesaler in michigan. Works well for making strawberry without having to use gelatin.

For the last few years I've been buying frozen pails of seedless strawberry puree from a frozen fruit and concentrate wholesaler in michigan. Works well for making strawberry without having to use gelatin.

Sounds good! How does it compare to wine from fruit (strawberries)?

Latest posts

Back