WineXpert Sediment in my Melot Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simpsini

Reaction score
It finally happened after 4 years of wine making. I bottled some Merlot in Oct & I've noticed that the bottles have sediment in them. Probably didn't wait long enough to let it clear. Lesson learned.

Should I open & pour them all in a carboy and add Super-Kleer? Is there a device I can use to clear the sediment when I pour? Will the sediment effect the taste of the wine? Does anybody have any tips they can pass on. Thanks

It finally happened after 4 years of wine making. I bottled some Merlot in Oct & I've noticed that the bottles have sediment in them. Probably didn't wait long enough to let it clear. Lesson learned.

Should I open & pour them all in a carboy and add Super-Kleer? Is there a device I can use to clear the sediment when I pour? Will the sediment effect the taste of the wine? Does anybody have any tips they can pass on. Thanks

Some of our best wines have had varying amounts of sediment. As long as it doesn't bother you too much, I'd let them be.

Back