Scored new wine rack!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
I was driving around this morning and saw this wine rack sitting in someones garbage pile, so I stopped and threw it in the back of the car. I got it home and took it apart so I could clean it. It isnt extremly sturdy but it isnt bad for somthing free.
winerack.jpg

winerack1.jpg

winerack2.jpg

winerack3.jpg

Scuba

Hope that is one of many...You'll soon need more with all the nice wines you have going and plan to start..
smiley4.gif

Scuba, while stationed in Germany in the late 70's, the Germans would put out on the street furniture, etc. and it was called "Junking". They were making room for new furniture, or vacuum or whatever, and if you got it before the garbage men, you found a treasure or two!! :)

Nice wine rack!!!! Good job!
smiley1.gif

It's called curb shopping up here. No curb shopping here this year. They canceled it. Using the money to repair the potholes in the road. They say anyway.

smiley17.gif
theres an old addage ,one mans trash is anothers mans treasure, you never know what treasures are out there if you don't look//jp
smiley20.gif
Edited by: joeswine

Yep yep, I like going for a walk or bikeride the night before trash pick up to see what things people are throwing out. Im looking for a nice cabinet right now so I can make my riddling (?) rack for my sparkling Riesling.

Scuba does that rack you have hold the bottles sloped towards the back slightly like it looks in the one picture? If so will it hold full bottles if you put the neck in first. If so to both things then I don't see why you couldn't use that rack for riddlin'.

appleman wouldn't it have to be tipped a little more to get the lees to settle in the neck? I would be afraid that they would settle in the bottle before they get to the neck.

That's why I was wonering about how the shelves were tipped. It's hard to tell from the pictures. They do need a fairly steep angle, but not that much as long as the champagne type bottles are used. The riddling procedure of turning them helps workthe yeastdown the neck, but good point Swill.

Yep you're right appleman. I didn't think about the champagne bottles not have the shoulders that a regular bottles have.

Plus the Champagne bottles are a lot bigger around and heavy, so they may not even fit into the slots.

You'll figure something out for a riddling rack...
smiley2.gif

It's still a good score and looks like it will hold a lot of regular bottles in a small foot print.

Back