Scales in Sonoma County to weigh my grapes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisviera

Junior
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm harvesting 1 ton of Syrah this Wednesday and am looking for any resources in Sonoma County - specifically near Bennett Valley - to weigh my fruit. I'm having a hard time finding scales apart from the local rock quarry. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Hi there! I'm harvesting 1 ton of Syrah this Wednesday and am looking for any resources in Sonoma County - specifically near Bennett Valley - to weigh my fruit. I'm having a hard time finding scales apart from the local rock quarry. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!
You might check The Beverage People in Santa Rosa; they might rent them out. Or go by volume and convert to weight. See attached.

Attachments

• harvest-and-wine-math-complete-article.pdf
    323.5 KB · Views: 5
Need a proper scale for crop insurance requirements but they were able to connect me with a neighbor who is going to weigh for me, so I'm all set but thanks! Typically, that resource you provided is a great way to get very close to the actual tonnage. Much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back