Santize question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFBIII

Junior
Reaction score
Cleaned and Santized new equipment. Easy clean and K-meta...K-meta last for up to a year but Easy clean does not. If I use my Thief and hydrometer to check S.G. while in the Primary, should I mix a batch of easy clean and spray with my K-meta that i placed into a spray bottle? Or can I just Spray and not clean? Thanks!! Hey anyone talking about the bubbleflo?

If your equipment is cleaned properly after use and put away in a clean environment then a spritz of sanitizer is good to go. I clean everything well after use. I have a cabinet I store stuff in. I always put my hydrometer and thermometers back in the plastic vial they came in. When I need to use them I normally rinse them off under some hot water, dry them off and then spray them with Na-Meta solution I keep in a spray bottle. Thing don't have to be sterile, just clean. Remember, a sanitizer does not sterilize, it make thing sanitary which in my view is just super clean which is a step above clean.

I feel many go overboard on this which in a manner is great because they practice good sanitation practices but if you just keep stuff clean and replace items like hoses on a regular basis and work in a clean environment, you will be just fine. Just keep stuff clean. Don't let stuff sit for hours before cleaning. Clean them right after use if possible. Never put anything away not thoroughly cleaned.It really makes a difference.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Thanks! Today I started my first batch, so i thought i would as before I did! I will go to wally world in the AM to get some shallow storage containers only long enough to hold the long equipment so I can get by with a gallon of each...might make things a little simpler!

Welcome TFB3, Glad to have you here. by the way,we like pictures of you and or wine being done.

Latest posts

Back