Santa Came Early!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobe05

Reaction score
smiley32.gif
This time it was JW!

What a wonderful surprise to get a box from JW today.....

Whats so wonderful about it is that I purposefully have not commented on JW's wines this year because I did last year and he sent me a ton of wine, which was absolutely GREAT wine. For the last year I have been watching his post about the Orange Muscate Port and have bitten my tongue each time, it sounded and looked so Good!

Then Waldo gets a bottle... I was about to get in my car and go see Waldo sneak a glass of that Port...... but I didn't...... I just bit my tongue again.......

And today!

20081216_123623_100_2116_Medium.jpg

What a great surprise. This will be drank on Christmas eve when we have friends over for our big meal and gift exchange, it will be a treat for us all......

I can't wait!

Thanks Jeff, that was very thoughtful, and very much appreciated.

By the way, has everyone really looked at JW's labels? They are great looking labels.......... you got some other talents that your holding out on us JW?

Jobe, those are great looking bottles of wine. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

Yes they are nice labels and sure will be great wine, enjoy!!

I love getting wine surprises! I ordered some 40 Liter Vadai barrels last week, they showed up today with a bottle of his Cab to sample. Alexander says give this a try, that way you will know what flavors these barrels impart on the wine before you us them.

Jeff

Looks good JW, Jeff thats awesome getting a bottle of his wine with the barrels. You say some, how many does some mean?

Some does make it sound like a truck load, I wish. There are two of them, now I just have to figure out what to put in them.

Jeff

40 liter huh, are you going to make wine from grapes are are you going to do 2 kits at once?

Hope you enjoy it Jobe, I cant think of anyone more deserving than you!....shhhhhhh , dont tell Waldo I said that, just between us!
smiley2.gif

jobe, you are going to love that Orange Muscate Port. It is absolutely awesome !!!

Jobe,

Those are great lables! It's kind of hard to tell from the picture, but they look like they have a glossy coat to them. Are they labels that you print from your color printer and then coat with some photo spray or do you have them printed elsewhere?

Monty

Those are JW's labels.

They do appear to have a shine to them, but they look to be printed on regular paper.

He does a good job with them.

Well, my wife opened the front door it go check on the mail last night as it seemed it wasnt there all day for some reason, wee usually use the side door but she decided to use the front door this time and to her surprise there was a package there. Jobe had sent me a package containg 2 bottles of OCP and 1 of his Cellar Craft Amarone. He's a Damn good man despite what you all say about him!
smiley36.gif
The only problem is that she had forgotten to tell me about this package, I found it on my computer desk this morning, maybe she know about wine needing to be aged!
smiley4.gif
Anyway, I cant wait to open a bottle of the OCP later to see what it is really supposed to taste like!!!!!!!!!! The others will age as the Amarone is 2008. OK Jobe? Thanks buddy, you are the man and I am in deep debt to you!!!!!!!!!!!

I was worried that it would freeze. I don't usually ship anything to the north (or south) this time of year due to freezing weather at night, and that when the box is generally in a cold box truck traveling over the road.

I would let it all set and settle from the trip for a week or 2, but it's all ready to drink now! Even the Amarone, which is a cc Showcase kit. I thought you could compare ir to yours.

I did that with your bottle you sent me............... but after 2 bottles of Amarone................ I forgot
smiley9.gif

Enjoy............

And Merry Christmas!

I did that with your bottle you sent me............... but after 2 bottles of Amarone................ I forgot
smiley9.gif

smiley36.gif
OK, I will let it settle but thats going to be really hard but I guess Ive waited thus long, I can wait a little longer!
smiley35.gif

The Port should be OK by Christmas, but the Amarone, I want your opinion on, so I'd appreciate it if you would let it set for 30 days, then try it.

It was bottled in early 2008, but was made and bulk aged for quite awhile.......... as I recall, almost a year in bulk, and bottled for almost....... 6 months?

I like to OCP, it gives me heartburn after a couple of glasses. The strawberry gives me heartburn after 1 glass, and I haven't tried the Raspberry yet, but I have a bottle that JW sent me that I will try at Christmas dinner.

Christmas eve will be the Orange Muscate that I have been DYING TO TRY!!!

I think the Orange is OK right now, but will be better in another 6 months to a year.

So drink a bottle now, and save a bottle for the 4th of July..............

Its a little early on the raspberry Jobe...but that hasn't stopped me from "sampling" The chocolate is just starting to come through. The rest are definitely ready now!
Wade , that some haul...should make you pretty merry!
smiley36.gif

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO WAIT?????????????????

I'm not use to that.........
smiley5.gif
I thought I was the only one that sent out Young wines................ but only to Wade..........
smiley36.gif
............ drives him nuts.....
smiley4.gif

I should have thought about it...... have you tried the OCP? What can I send you JW? Realy... Just let me know.

Latest posts

Back