sanitizing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use easy clean and never had a problem in fact I talk on line with a head winemaker of a winery and he told me that easy clean is an excellent product. So if you have been using easy clean and have not had any problems why would you want to switch to something else.

Hi Coriasco, Welcome to the forum.We hope you stay withus.

You wouldn't want to switch. You use both. Wash then sterilize.Easy clean removes dirt physically. k-meta kills what you can not remove. Would you want your doctor to clean his tools with only dish soap before using them on you? (easy clean is a food grade no need to rinse soap that works well with wine.)Edited by: Rocky Top

My local wine kit store told me that the easy clean would clean and sanitize. Since I know it doesn't. Will it be ok to make my first batch with only easy clean? I bought a better bottle carboy (plastic) is this going to cause problems?

By cleaning everything really good it MAY be OK....sanitizing with K-Meta would be better.....When I first started making wine I used One Step a product that I was told would clean and sanitize....It doesn't sanitize, but I made a number of wines with no problems....Dumb luck or chance , I think you have to decide.....Good Luck

Latest posts

Back