Quantcast

Ruhbarb blends

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

E

ewine

I've been lurking here off and on for a while but this is my first post.

Last year I made a gallon of rhubarb/strawberry the I really liked so I wanted to make a 5gal batch this year. I picked rhubarb today and have about 30 pounds , and only need 10 for that recipe. So this calls for some playing. I'm thinking of trying several 1 gallon batches. I understand rhubarb is very good for blending but haven't found many recipes. Any suggestions, blends you have tried that were good...or even strange ideas for that matter. I will probable try pineapple. A blueberry blend intrigues me (just so I can call it bluebarb), and I think a blend with dandelion would be good but I'm a little late for that.

Harley

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I have never made Rhubarb wine but have tried it staright up from a local winery and it was very good all by itself. A few blends would be fun though. welcome Ewine and hope you stay around and chat wine with us!

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
Rhubarb and strawberry is a classic pairing, makes wonderful jam.

Allie

Ceegar

Reaction score
I've been lurking here off and on for a while but this is my first post.

I understand rhubarb is very good for blending but haven't found many recipes. Any suggestions, blends you have tried that were good...or even strange ideas for that matter.
Harley
There is a local winery that makes a Summer Delight that is a blend of 30% Rhubarb, 30% Honey, and 40% Strawberry that's pretty tasty.