Rose' Bottling Day

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCharles

Reaction score
Earlier this week I received an email from friends of mine that own a small local vineyard/winery. The objective was to bottle their first rose' as well as bottle a blend they had been working on. We gathered at the winery Saturday morning (2-11-2012). This was the wineries first rose'. It was made with a variety of grapes such as Cab Fran and Cab Sauv. The skins were left in the must for only 7 hours. We bottled about 30 cases of rose' and another 50 cases of their new blend.

Here are some photos of the bottling process, which included the following stations.
  1. Unload new bottles from cases
  2. Bottle Filling
  3. Bottle Corking
  4. Placing Capsule on top of bottle/cork
  5. Attach capsule to bottle with machine
  6. Apply Label to bottles
  7. Place completed bottles in cases

This was a lot of fun and we had the pleasure of getting to taste the rose' and blend, along with several other wines. In addition to having lunch and several tasting breaks, all the work was completed in about 6 hours.

Like my signature says, "will work for wine".

Feb 11-2012-43-1.jpg

Feb 11-2012-24-1.jpg

Feb 11-2012-13-1.jpg

Feb 11-2012-15-1.jpg

Feb 11-2012-19-1.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning friends. I had a great time helping out at a local winery yesterday. I posted these photos late last night/early AM.

Here is one more photo.

You can tell the vineyard owner/wine maker was having a good time also.

Feb 11-2012-46-1.jpg

Paul thanks for sharing those great pictures. I was checking them out on FB. Even though you only bottled just under 200 gallons it looks like a great winery with beautiful equipment. Very nice production are for sure!

Thanks Dan. The rose' was more of an experiment for them and the blend, which was made from 08 and 09 vintages, will help them fill out their tasting room selection. They have about 5,000 gallons in kegs, which sounds like a lot to me. However, they are a small winery. It's a great place for me to get some good hands on experience.

Latest posts

Back