RJ Spagnols RJS Oct 2010 Announcements

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update and I included it on FVW with your credit!

Went to a wine tasting/pairing in Moncton with the crew from RJS. They had all the new wines from the RQ. They were all very good, didn't have one there that I did not enjoy.

That sounds like a really good time. i wish I could sample some of the limited additions to decide which ones I would like to buy. I have never bought one yet though that I didn't think was outstanding.

I'm bumping this old thread because I haven't seen anyone else talk about these wines yet. I picked up the Italian Piazza and started it last night; I didn't order it in advance, my LHBS just had some extras. It came with 200g of raisins and a small finishing blend. It has a very unique aroma, that's the first thing I noticed, looking forward to trying it.

Anyone else pick up any of these specialty wines? They have some extras of the others and if they get good recommendations here I may pick up a couple.

I'll be getting the Trek and the Hang Ten when they come out - unfortunately there were no local tastings for these so can't say what they'll be like, but I trust they'll be good.

I just bottled my RQ 2010 South African Cab Franc Merlot the other day after nearly a year of bulk aging and it is fantastic. It'll be even better with some age on it.

Tasted the Piazza last night; it was started in January 2011 so it's not that old. It wasn't good when I bottled it but it's come a long way, it's pretty good now! Really enjoyed it.

I tried a bottle of the Toro the other night with friends. It's a little past the 3 month mark. Everyone enjoyed it. This should be really good given a little more time. Liked it enough that I picked up another from my local retailer who stilled had a few in stock.

I made the Piazza as well, had a bottle recently, and really liked it too. Both really decent kits. I've never tried the RQ or Limited releases before. I'm quite impressed with my first experiences.

Yep, made a few myself awhile ago and sometimes they become the norm and get included in their normal runs.

I tried a bottle of the Toro the other night.

My son asked me to make a Tempernillo for him and he choose the Toro. Just started it early June and it is aging for the next couple months. I was not too excited about it until I tasted it after clearing. Wow, this is going to be good. Just dropped two French oak spirals in it for 3 - 6 weeks.

Back