RJ Spagnols Time to Lounge

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcasey

Reaction score
Looks like RJS has decided to release it's version of WE's Twisted wines.
http://www.rjspagnols.com/en/news/sit-back-and-relax-with-lounge.aspx

from their web site:

Lounge is a state of mind. It is relaxing and unwinding the stresses of the day.

Lounge is time spent socializing with friends, laughing with loved ones and enjoying their company.

Lounge encompasses life and simplifies it.

Lounge is your favourite crowd pleasing cocktails. Lounge does all the work for you so all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy!

COSMO

Served in lounges worldwide, the Cosmopolitan is the drink of choice for
urbanites. Understandably so, a Cosmo combines vodka, triple sec,
cranberry juice and freshly squeezed lime juice then shaken and served
in an ever so sleek martini glass. Lounge’s wine based Cosmo is the
perfect addition to your next cocktail night!

MOJITO

Dream of a Cuban escape while sipping this classic cocktail! In the
traditional Mojito, white rum, sugar cane and lime juice are artfully
muddled together with fresh mint to extract the mint’s essence. Consider
muddling our wine Mojito with raspberries, mangoes or your favourite
fruit before serving in a highball glass and enjoying with friends.

PINA COLADA

Born in sunny Puerto Rico, the Pina Colada has been used to refresh its
citizens for decades. Gaining a cult following, it has since become the
queen of tropical drinks. Typically rum, coconut and pineapple are
blended to create this heavenly tropical experience. Serve our wine
based Pina Colada over ice or blend with ice and enjoy in the company of
great friends and summer heat.

Lounge is available now at your local RJ Spagnols retailer while quantities last!

I'm thinking the Pina Colada will be in my future. Wonder if they'll have the higher alcohol level, if not hello Coconut Rum & frozen pineapple juice. Maybe I'll pick up some tiny umbrellas ....................

These look interesting. I would really like to sample the COSMO, but George has not listed as yet. I wonder if he will carry this line. Don't see any reason why not.

I'm sure George will carry them, but he's been busy getting the web site moved. After a quick search, I could only find them listed at 1 Canadian HBS, they get all the new products first. They were also advertized in this months Winemaker Mag so this is just getting released and we must practice that patience thing. Keep in mind these seem to be a limited edition, if so they will only be available for a short time.

20110831_123535_Margarita_Pina_.JPG

So can't wait to try these. WE's Margarita on the left and RJS's Pina Colada on the right. Made these up this morning and airlocks are already bubbling!
I made the strawberry margarita last year and it was outstanding. This kit is a combo with 3 gallons for the strawberry and 3 gallons for the lime. The Pina Colada is a double kit. No need to bump the SG on these kits they came in at 1098 & 1100.

Looking very nice. The SG on the Margarita dropped to 990 and the Pina Colada to 995. Looking forward to enjoying these next summer and perhaps a bottle or 2 before ............

20110912_165325_Pina_Colada_and.JPG

The margaritas will be bottled soon so I'll need to put them some place hard for me to get to. The pina colada will not be bottled until Jan/Feb, so at least no matter what that one will be safe. The real key is hiding them from my dad and sisters because sweet wine equals no wine if they find out its bottled.

Besides we still have some of the coconut rum wine - just don't tell the rest my family.

HOLLY MOJOTOS
smiley2.gif

JUST like I was saying,great combos these wine mfg. come up with I have the cosmo,in primary,rass/cab in primaryand have done 2 MOJOTOS -one straw Margareta',waiting for my coffee port to show up ,and two others to be disclosed later,we did go over most of this on the twisters thread ?
smiley3.gif
great pics,but still even better to see....
smiley32.gif

Coffee port - I can't wait for mine to arrive as well along with the OCP.

A morning without coffee is like sleep!

vcasey said:
Coffee port - I can't wait for mine to arrive as well along with the OCP.

A morning without coffee is like sleep!

Would love to take credit for that but I saw it on a pair of socks (by SOCKGUY) @ the bike shop. Of course I just had to get a pair. Ok, I got 2.

And yes Joe, coffee port does indeed sound perfect.

I ordered the Apple Tatin White Port after reading your critique, Vcasey. I'm eager for it to arrive. If I'm able to be successful with it, I'll try some of the other ports, too. I do love port! Although I have to say that I'm learning about a lot of new wines that I like and never knew about. This forum is an educational place to hang around.

Tom we've enjoyed all the flavored ports that I've made and the ones that I haven't made others have posted they've enjoyed. RJS's ports are pretty easy and you don't need to worry with adding (dextrose?) like in the WE kits. The WE blackberry port was worth the effort and I have heard great comments about the chocolate raspberry. Just please ask us and read the forums before starting a WE port.
I've only enjoyed a couple of sips of the Apple Tatin but it was wonderful and the aroma, I really could enjoy myself just breathing it in. The description on the web site is correct and I can't wait to get some age on mine.

I made the pina colada and it turned out real nice. It is milky, making it look like a pina colada. The instructions said this would happen when the F-pack was added. Best of all the wife loves it.

Back