WineXpert Oct 1 WE announcement - the LEs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpfan

Reaction score
It's October 1st and the LE's are announced today. Tim started it off with a Blog entry but not much info. Nice looking labels (to me anyway).
http://www.timswineblog.com/2010/09/twas-the-night-before-limiteds-.-.-.

One of the retailers has all the verbiage, but the wrong picture (labels are different). Prices will vary, of course.
http://letsdowine.com/20lise.html

Here's the headlines:
Australian Shiraz/Viognier
Pacifica White
Italian Primitivo
Austrian Grüner Veltliner
Portuguese Douro Red

I am really enjoying the RJ Spagnols Cru Select Shiraz Viognier, so maybe I should make this LE kit for comparison purposes.

Steve

So, no Brunello this year?
were you expecting one?

Try the Cru Select Italian Brunello. It's part of their regular lineup. Or even the Grand Cru International one.

Steve

were you expecting one?

Try the Cru Select Italian Brunello. It's part of their regular lineup. Or even the Grand Cru International one.

Steve

Yep, I'll have to switch, I guess. I liked the WE LE Brunello. Like most LE kits, it seemed a little richer than the regular kits. I had a chance to buy another LE kit evan as late as July, but I didn't. I don't know why I assumed it would be back this year.

Have you made the WE LE Brunello kit? If so, how do you think it compares to the unlimited versions?

Have you made the WE LE Brunello kit? If so, how do you think it compares to the unlimited versions?
Made neither for myself.

Made the Cru Select Brunello for a customer when it was originally released as an RQ (Restricted Quantities) kit. I don't recall trying it, but the customer liked it. Seem to recall that they were quite happy when it was released as part of the regular line-up.

Steve

Back