Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Impressions Amaroso

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.
I will start mine soon, these instructions are exactly the same as the ones for the La Bodega port and different from WE and RJS kits.

I plan to put the included raisins right before the yeast. Let me know if there's anything else you may want to share about this kit.

Not sure what you mean. The instructions are not the same as La Bedega. See:

http://www.mostimondiale.com/\images\documents\InstructionsVNRERM_en.pdf

I followed the instructions and added the raisins 24 hours after the yeast.

doesn't this kit have oak??:pic

As requested:

Amorosso.jpg

Joe,

this kit came with 1 packet of EC-1118, looks like the WE kit comes with 2.

Also, sounds like you bumped the SG from 1.090 to 1.100 after adding 2 jars of syrup?

It may be 180gr, based on the plastic wrap on the box, but looks like the package you posted.
Also 454gr pack of raisins which is 1lb.

IIRC the size was stamped in black ink on the side of the plastic bags somewhere. You may have to look closely to see the weight -- or you could put it on a scale.

ADDING TO THE MIX IN THE PRIMARY..:hug

Actually, the MM instructions differ from most other kits in that they have you rack to secondary relatively early (3-5 days, SG 1.04-1.05) and put the oak in the secondary. My early results were very good with this kit, though truthfully I suspect that has more to do with the juice than the process.

Actually, the MM instructions differ from most other kits in that they have you rack to secondary relatively early (3-5 days, SG 1.04-1.05) and put the oak in the secondary. My early results were very good with this kit, though truthfully I suspect that has more to do with the juice than the process.

Correct, so different from other kits, makes you wonder...

Adding to the mix

I not to sure guys wood is wood and the extraction is what's derived from the saturation,either way, the juice is the foundation upon which you build ,remember back when I stated putting raisins in the secondary just before fermentation was completed and I was told no affect ,no refermentation of any kind reoccurs. This is just a different way of making a sauce as per this mfg. Go with the flow.:wy

,remember back when I stated putting raisins in the secondary just before fermentation was completed and I was told no affect ,no refermentation of any kind reoccurs.

Told by whom? I, for one, certainly expect that the sugars in the raisins will be fermented.

Raisins are about 65% sugar. If this sugar were not to ferment, then either (A) the sugar stayed in the raisins, or (B) your wine was sweetened. I do not believe either of these could be the case.

Adding to the mix

sour grapes that was a subject that caused a lot of grief,just not best to relive it..:dg..thanks.

I was checking the instructions closer and they state to add the raisins to the Amarone 24 hours after pitching the yeast.

Adding to the mix

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY WANT FERMENTATION TO GET STARTED FIRST THEN START ADDING THE RAISINS,EITHER WAY IT SHOULDN'T MATTER THE YEAST EC1118 WILL START TO FERMENT WITH OR WITHOUT THE RAISINS IN THE MIX,ADD THEM IN THE BEGINNING ,THEN THEIR OUT OF THE WAY ADD YOUR OAK ALSO EVERYONE INTO THE POOL AT ONCE EASIEST WAY NOT TO GET CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO AND WHEN.:br

While I would agree there are many ways you can make a kit my perspective is that if you are doing a kit for the first time you should follow the instructions exactly. If anything goes wrong and you hadn't follow the instructions then you really have no recourse with the manufacturer.

Finally started my MM Amarone kit.

SG=1.100

Swapped yeast and instead used BM4x4.

This yeast seems to tolerate to 15% alcohol, so hopefully I will be ok.

Grape skins pack: not too impressed, watery stuff. Added to primary and stirred well, SG didn't budge/change at all (maybe tomorrow by doubt it because again very watery).

Right now on the fence whether to add oak chips now or wait until SG ~1.050

MM instructions are really different from every other manufacturers.
They ask you to mix bentonite in ~11oz of warm/hot water (don't stir), and then add to primary after you pour juice in bucket.
I think they want you to add oak chips after first racking because they want you to leave raisins behind in first racking.

Anyway, I think I will mix everything together by the morning.

BTW - added 3TSP regular tannin to the mist

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back