Mosti Mondiale Renaissance Impressions Amaroso

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm picking up this kit and would like to know what type of yeast comes with it.

I would guess maybe EC-1118 but based on what it is I'm thinking about swapping it maybe a better proven choice.

I think Jim @BoatBoy24 did his EP RJS Amarone with BM4x4 based on some readings I did.

Is this yeast foamy, any pros/cons.
Any other good yeast option?

I have Fermaid-K to feed it after.

Yep, BM4X4. It foams a little, but not much. Foam is only an issue if your fermenter isn't big enough. ;)

I've used BM4X4 on several wines, including Super Tuscan, Barolo, Valpolicella juice bucket, and my Old Vine Zin from grapes.

I also have the WE SI Australian Riesling-Traminer that came with EC-1118 which I also plan to swap for a different yeast.

In mind for this white I have the BA11, ICV-D47, QA23 or K1-V1116.

What do you guys think for those 2 varietals.

I think I'm almost mind set on the BM4x4 for the MM Amarone.
And maybe QA23 or D47 for the Riesling-Traminer.

Heading to LBHS soon, hope to hear some opinions....

I'm picking up this kit and would like to know what type of yeast comes with it.

I would guess maybe EC-1118 but based on what it is I'm thinking about swapping it maybe a better proven choice.

Yes, it comes with EC-1118

For those that made this specific kit: does it come with labels and the grape pack inside?

This kit did not have any labels in the packets and the grape skins pack did NOT come inside the kit but rather the guy at the LHBS game me the grape skins pack they normally sell separate, the one with 4.4kg.

I was reading a PDF from MM site and it states all their Renaissance kits include a packet of labels.
This kit I bought is the RENAISSANCE Impressions and it does not have the new Amarosso name but the older Amarone, its sticker has a date of 40722, which I assume is July 22, 2014?

I wonder if this is a left-over kit they had in their warehouse in Canada?
They changed the Amarone naming to Amarosso in the fall (legal reasons I assume).
Am I missing something?

@Geronimo

Last edited:
That's the way mine came also. I suspect that is a kit manufactured before relabeling. You should be fine.

adding to the mix

I would defiantly change out the yeast however the EC1118 wouldn't be a bad choice at all for this style wine, good temperature rangers ,,good alcohol ranges and can support the oaks, and tannins required for the structure of this style wine especially adding a fpac, for what's it's worth I'd stay with what came with the kit.Some time's we tend to over think a project instead of just going with it.Your function making this kit is to orchestrate the ingredients' in to the mix like a GREAT CHEF.:HB

dextrose pics (1).jpg

16 Raisins.jpg

17 Powdered Oak.jpg

18 added to carboy.jpg

Amarone final pic (1).jpg

Last edited:
yep, this kit came with 1lb of raisins which I plan to add right the first day. Although the instructions say to remove once SG is around 1.040-1.050

So yours didn't bring labels and no grape pack inside?
Did you get a separate grape pack as shown in that pic?

Yes, mine came with the grape pack separate. I did have a pack or raisins inside and also labels. If you reuse bottles, I don't recommend their labels. They are a bear to remove. Keep us posted with your progress and your impressions of this kit.

For those that made this specific kit: does it come with labels and the grape pack inside?

Mine had the newer "Amorosso" labelling. I did not get the "Impressions" version so I can't help you with the grape pack. I can confirm however that I did not get any bottle labels.

Mine had the newer "Amorosso" labelling. I did not get the "Impressions" version so I can't help you with the grape pack. I can confirm however that I did not get any bottle labels.

what date did yours have and when did you buy it?

Got it in November, date code from May 2014

Thanks.
I will start mine soon, these instructions are exactly the same as the ones for the La Bodega port and different from WE and RJS kits.

I plan to put the included raisins right before the yeast. Let me know if there's anything else you may want to share about this kit.

Latest posts

Back