Your Fav Red Wine Yeast(s)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you do any nutrient additions for your RC212 vino's? If so what/amt & when? Thanks!

Cheers!
My experience says it's necessary to add nutrients when using RC212. I've used crushed grapes, placed the skins, and juice in the must. Some things added 1.) dead yeast for nutrient (food) to the must before adding RC212. 2.) one crushed B1 tablet, 3.) magnesium 4.) 1/2 DAP dose 1 day after fermentation begins 5.) then again 1/2 DAP dose 2-3 days later. Fermaid O might be a complete mixture, but I don't use it. Checking the must a couple of times a day helps. Stirring the must daily or more often. Any whiff of H2S, add another very low dose of DAP and the H2S odor usually goes away within a few hours. Sometimes I'm in reactive mode and eyeballing and adding things after fermentation is underway like a witches brew. No more additives after day five fermentation is underway. Sorry, don't have exact measurements, but you have an idea of the ingredients and timing.

Latest posts

Back