Mosti Mondiale renaissance barolo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrussell

Reaction score
Has anyone made the renaissance barolo? I'm thinking it should be a fairly good kit since it is 16L and the price is great right now. Any opinions on this kit would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron.

I have not made this kit. However, I made the VN Barolo last year and it is great and it was only a 10L kit. I have read many comments on this board regarding the Renaissance kits and all have been positive. You are right, the price is great.

The Renaissance Barolo is very good at 17 months old now and it keeps steadily improving the longer it ages. A big, bold red wine full of flavor. People do drink them earlier but longer term aging is taking it up to another level. At this rate it should be truly exceptional at around two years. The kit includes a bag of huge wine grape raisins and both a light and dark oak pack.

Used George's bulk aging guide where you delay adding the clarifiers until just before bottling to improve all wines.

I made the MM Ren. Amarone. It is not ready, yet, so I can't say much, except you might want to read up on the topic of wine volcanoes, under the Mosti heading. Lots of people on this forum have changed the timing of racking from the primary fermentor to the carboy.

Mike,

Listen closely and you will hear a little voice. It is saying, "You're being cruel to your fermentor. Don't you know it is crying right now, wondering what it has done to deserve such... emptiness. Go ahead, you know you want to make a barolo; don't worry, it will be OK, your wife will not really divorce you; she understands. After all, you deserve it......."
smiley15.gif

Your sounding like "evil incarnate" at the moment......

Yep primary is empty and currently very lonely.

I started culling bottles for my next batch to bottle last night (hehehehe)

Next up, to bottle is my MM AJ Amarone that has been bulk aging for 7 months now. I just about have them all picked out, would love to have a few more actual Amarone bottles but that stuff is pricey.....

Lucky I have quite a few empty of these......

20100304_114408_1049878x.jpg

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.....

That Luca Syrah is a nice wine - made from a relative of the Nicolas Catena family in fact.

The necks are a little tighter on the inside than Bordeaux bottles and a little wider overall, so mind that if you're using shrink caps, Mike.

- Jim

Oh yea,

This is probably our all time favorite Syrah. Locally it's about $30 a bottle but we have been mail ordering for ~ $19 a bottle.

Hadn't thought about the shrink cap, might be a really tight (to impossible fit)..... Will have to check on it tonight.

Mike,

George has some 'large' shrink capsules listed - it might be worth a call to see if that will help go over this style of bottle. I've had some success convincing shrink caps to go over wider-topped bottles thanks to my background as a collection agent for a loanshark, but why bust your tail when there's a potential resolution available, right?

- Jim

I have made the Renaissance Barlo it is not quite one year in the bottle and it is very good. Out of the four Renaissance kits I have made all of them are very good. The oldest is the Valpolicella and so far it is the one I like best. The Barlo and Rio Grande Rojo are within a month of each other in age and I have them as a tie for second. The Chianti is the second oldest and is in third place but the last bottle I had was very much improved. I would recommend any of these kits without hesitation.

Latest posts

Back