Mosti Mondiale Ren Chilean Viognier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Just bottled this and the leftover glass was fantastic. Aside from the honey and spice nose and palate the alcohol level works out to 14.5 percent
smiley5.gif
but it does not taste hot!!!!!! this is going to be great!!!!!

I agree with you I think this is a great wine. I started this kit 5/29/10 and bottled this wine 8/3/10. At bottling I tasted apricot, melon, apple and the honey flavors. My final ABV was 13.7%

I did get to taste some leftovers I put in a small bottle back in late September and for a young wine it was surprisingly good. The vanilla and oak starts to come out after some time. I plan on opening one of my test bottles soon and will let you know how it tastes. Right now my Viognier has been bottle aging for almost six months. I am excited about this one!
smiley4.gif

Mine started out at 1.112!!! I know, i know but i checked it twice with two different hydrometers temp was 70 degrees. Could have been 1.111 but that's what i started at
smiley4.gif

jeepbabe said:
I agree with you I think this is a great wine. I started this kit 5/29/10 and bottled this wine 8/3/10. At bottling I tasted apricot, melon, apple and the honey flavors. My final ABV was 13.7%

I did get to taste some leftovers I put in a small bottle back in late September and for a young wine it was surprisingly good. The vanilla and oak starts to come out after some time. I plan on opening one of my test bottles soon and will let you know how it tastes. Right now my Viognier has been bottle aging for almost six months. I am excited about this one!
smiley4.gif

Now i am really excited!!!!

I opened a bottle of my viognier the other night and was very happy with the outcome. It has nice apricot, honey, and oak flavors. I've been taking detailed notes as I try the test bottles over the course of this year. One thing I noticed was that the wine went from a pale yellow at bottling to a nice gold color now after after a year. I know that white wines get darker over time and this was a cool observation I was able to make from reading my notes. I was also able to observe the flavors change over the course of the year as well. Wine is pretty cool stuff. I started this wine May 2010 and bottled it August 2010. This was one of my first non-mist type kit I made.

Good to hear the tasting notes on this kit. I posted in another thread about my experiences with the Mosti Whites and how just like your experience they were all turning from yellow to gold in a years time. While they are not quite as pretty to look at in the glass, they sure taste great.

I was wondering if I did something wrong. Not enough SO2 or too much headspace in the carboy etc, but I always had the carboy topped up and even added an additional dose of sulfite just before bottling so I am not sure what the root cause is still.

At least I am not the only one this phenomena is happened to!

voignier is a standard of mine for years now ,you can't go wrong even in fresh juice format,,,,,tasty wine.
smiley2.gif

seagrape said:
Just bottled this and the leftover glass was fantastic. Aside from the honey and spice nose and palate the alcohol level works out to 14.5 percent
smiley5.gif
 but it does not taste hot!!!!!! this is going to be great!!!!!
Did you do anything different or follow the instructions.

Just followed instructions to the letter. Just opened a bottle and it still a little green but potent!!!

Okay I bought the kit, has any one made this and helped it. Like adding raisins or doing anything differently?

the same old same old.
smiley2.gif

a great white wine by any standard ,do you make it straight up ?yes by the instructions ,and that's, that
smiley19.gif
,or do you take this wine make it by the book and then after it is balanced out make it your own and not someone else's? and still have a GREAT WHITE WINE ,that is the real question....if your answer is to putyour touch to it and make it yours,then read WHEN GOOD WINES GOOD BAD,and look in to adding ZEST (grape fruit is especially good with this style wine),this works and complements the flavor charistics of the viognier...READ FIRST....

Latest posts

Back