Removing sulfites from concentrate?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WI_Wino

Reaction score
I bought some white grape juice concentrate (Old Orchard "100% Juice" white grape) to tweak a cheap white wine kit with. Of course I did not inspect the ingredients until I got home. It says "contains sulfiting agents to maintain flavor and freshness). Any way to get rid of the sulfites? Can I just thaw it out and let it sit in the fridge for a day or two?

I bought some white grape juice concentrate (Old Orchard "100% Juice" white grape) to tweak a cheap white wine kit with. Of course I did not inspect the ingredients until I got home. It says "contains sulfiting agents to maintain flavor and freshness). Any way to get rid of the sulfites? Can I just thaw it out and let it sit in the fridge for a day or two?

I find that the sulfites are so low in these that wine yeast will ferment them pretty easy. Its the Potassium Sorbate u gotta watch for. Just use a strong yeast like EC 1118 and you'll be fine

When you are looking at the concentrates or juice from a grocery store, sulfite e is not an issue. Like said above, it is sorbate you need to watch for.

Latest posts

Back