Removing off taste

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddog

Reaction score
I made a batch of Orchard Breezin Stawberry Reisling in June. The wine finished ok, but the "Strawberry" flavor pack does not suit my taste. It tastes a lot like childrens cough syrup. Is there anything i can do to mellow or remove some of the artificial flavor? Maybe a charcoal filter or something similar. I dont mind losing some of the Riesling flavor. I can always add a natural fruit flavor pack after the nasty artificial flavor is toned down.

I added additional sugar to raise the % alcohol to 9% before I added yeast. The rest was per the directions in the kit.

Maddog, I made that wine and it turned out to be a big hit when I was done with it. By itself it tastes like jolly rancher candy ( yuck). I ended up "thinking outside of the box" and blended it 50/50 with Rhubarb and it was very good.

If you make it and don't like it, just hang on to it until you can find something to blend with it. Maybe a nice white grape.

Hmmmm.. something must be different. I love jolly ranchers, not a big fan of this wine though. I'll try some blending and see if I can find a happy medium.

Back