Other Reisling recomendation please.....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the Alexander's concentrate for my first Riesling and everyone seemed pleased with how it turned out.

I'm currently brewing a batch of CC Washington Late Harvest Riesling and for being only 1 month old, it's not too bad already. It's a sweeter Riesling, I just added the F-pak and it brought the S.G. up to 1.024, down from bone dry. It's a little pricier kit, but so far seems to be worth the gamble. I'll keep you posted as it progresses.

New winemaker here also very interested in Riesling. Quick question though, are you all using the yeast that comes with the kit or your own? If so, what yeast it is? I ask as the yeast greatly influences the characteristics of Riesling (and many other wines).

-Gnat

New winemaker here also very interested in Riesling. Quick question though, are you all using the yeast that comes with the kit or your own? If so, what yeast it is? I ask as the yeast greatly influences the characteristics of Riesling (and many other wines).

-Gnat

I typically use the yeast that comes with the kit. In this case it was the standard "Premier Cuvee" yeast.

I try to never use the one that came with the kit. I always figure that helps to make a more mass-produced wine, whereas I can mess with that and change the character of the wine significantly. I think I used ICV-GRE when I did mine, but there are a lot of good choices for Riesling that should create what I figure is a more interesting product than the yeast that comes with them.

Back