red tomatoe wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Roads

Reaction score
Ok, I am making a red tomatoe wine. After reading your posts on tomatoe wine, I guess I should have made green tomatoe instead of red. But the deed is done. My question. When it is finished, could I add Bloody Mary mix to it? I am looking for a non-sweet V8 flavor.:bt

Sounds interesting. I probably would have added a few jalapeños in with it also. I've never made this but have always been interested in make green tomato wine. They say it has a chardonnay character to it.

All I can say is you might be the leader on this. Do some bench trails and experiment. Let us know how you make out.

Hmmm. It is on it's second day of fermentation. Looks good so far. I have fresh basil, but I think I will refrigerate this and add it after the sugars are fermented out. Really wish I had not made five gallons to begin with. But will certainly keep you posted.:n

I made red tomato wine. Loved it especially with Italian food (and for cooking with). It had the most unique flavour and was nice to have a sip but you didn't want too much of it to drink.

Latest posts

Back